Many of the Vantage EyeCare divisions offer full-service optical shops with experienced opticians on staff to assist you in the selection of the perfect pair of eyeglasses for your vision needs.
What Type of Eyeglass Frames do we Carry?
We offer a large selection of stylish eyeglass frames to fit your individual personality, style, and budget. Both designer and non-designer brands are available. Some of our most popular brands are Kate Spade, Coach, Michael Kors, Gucci, Nike, Cole Haan, Dolce & Gabana, and BCBG.
To protect your eyes from the damaging effects of UV light, we also provide a range of sunglass brands to choose from including Maui Jim, Oakley, and Ray Ban.
In addition, a full line of sports and safety eyewear is available at select optical shops.
What Type of Lenses do we Offer?
Choosing the right lens for your eyeglasses is equally, if not more, important than choosing the frames. When choosing a lens, there are many options to consider including lens type, material, and coatings.
Lenses are available in single focus, multi-focal, or progressives.
- Single focus lenses are the most common type of lens used. They simply correct for either nearsightedness or farsightedness.
- Multi-focal lenses are available as either bi-focals or tri-focals. Both bi-focals and tri-focals have visible lines that show where each section is.
- Bi-focal lenses are split in half. The top section corrects for distance vision while the bottom section corrects for near vision. Bi-focals are a great alternative to using both reading glasses and a single focus pair of eyeglasses.
- Tri-focals have the sections for near and distance, similar to bi-focals. However, they also have an additional section right above the near vision section to provide correction for intermediate vision.
- Progressives are multi-focal lenses that do not have visible lines. They correct vision for all distances and have a smooth transition between the near, intermediate, and distance focal ranges.
Lens materials come in a range of high-quality plastic. Polycarbonate is one of the most popular lens materials due to its safety and impact-resistance abilities. This makes them a perfect fit for children or those who play sports. High-index plastic lenses are thin and lightweight which make them ideal for rimless frames. Trivex plastic lenses are also thin and lightweight while also being impact-resistant.
Different coatings can be added to lenses for added benefits. The most common types of coatings are:
- Anti-scratch coating: Protects against scratches from daily use
- Anti-glare coating: Helps with reducing glare and reflection from lights, particularly when driving at night
- UVA and UVB protective coating: Helps block damaging UV rays to reduce the risk of certain eye conditions such as cataracts or macular degeneration