Britt Parvus, DO
Dr. Parvus, a board-certified ophthalmologist who specializes in managing diseases of the retina and choroid, completed her undergraduate studies at Pennsylvania State University, where she majored in Nutrition Science and graduated summa cum laude. She then earned her medical degree from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, where she also completed her residency in ophthalmology and was appointed chief resident. Dr. Parvus was then honored with an ocular oncology fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital and selected among her peers to serve as chief fellow. She then completed a second fellowship in medical retina at Sinclair Retina Associates, P.C.
Her clinical interests include macular degeneration, ocular tumors, vascular conditions of the retina such as diabetic retinopathy and vein occlusions, and nutrition. She deeply values the relationships she builds with her patients and is passionate about restoring and maintaining their precious vision.
Recognized for her medical and humanitarian efforts, Dr. Parvus has volunteered at Haiti Clinic, Inc., a free clinic that provides access to medications and physicians as well as necessities such as clean water, adequate nutrition, education, and sanitation. She has been instrumental in the development of health services to the population that Haiti Clinic serves. In addition to seeing patients, Dr. Parvus enjoys spending time with her friends and family, namely her husband and daughter.
- Bachelor’s Degree from Pennsylvania State University summa cum laude
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Ophthalmology Residency Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Chief Resident
- Ocular Oncology Fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital
- Retina Fellowship at Sinclair Retina Associates, PC
Positions & Distinctions
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Member
- American Osteopathic Association Member
- American Osteopathic College of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology Member
- American Society of Retina Specialists Member
- Greater Philadelphia Ophthalmic Society Member
- Pennsylvania Medical Society Member
- Wills Eye Alumni Society Member
- Wills Oncology Fellows Association Member