Iga Wergorzewska Gray, MD, PhD
Dr. Iga Wergorzewska Gray joins Philadelphia Eye Associates and the Wills Eye Hospital after completing her Ophthalmology Residency and Glaucoma Fellowship at the prestigious Scheie Eye Institute at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr Gray treats a wide variety of ocular disease and specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of glaucoma and cataracts. She performs cataract surgery, traditional glaucoma surgery, Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgeries (MIGS) as well as a variety of laser procedures for the treatment of glaucoma.
Dr Gray was born in Poland and grew up in New York City. She graduated from Georgetown University with a degree in Biology and received a Master’s degree in pharmacology (MPhil) from the University of Cambridge in England after receiving the competitive Churchill Scholarship for Advanced Study. She completed a combined MD-PhD program at the Washington University in St Louis and a preliminary year in Internal Medicine at Christ Hospital in Cincinnati. Dr Gray has presented her research at numerous national and international conferences and has a strong interest in teaching and medical education. She is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), American Glaucoma Society (AGS), American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) and Women in Ophthalmology (WIO).
Dr Gray is fluent in Polish and is available to see patients at Allegheny Avenue and South Broad Street locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree from Georgetown University
- Master’s Degree from University of Cambridge
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from Washington University
- Doctor of Philosophy Degree from Washington University
- Internship at Christ Hospital in Cincinnati
- Ophthalmology Residency at Scheie Eye Institute at University of Pennsylvania
- Glaucoma Fellowship at Scheie Eye Institute at University of Pennsylvania
Positions & Distinctions
- Member of the Glaucoma Service Wills Eye Hospital
- Member of American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- Member of American Glaucoma Society (AGS)
- Member of American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- Member of Women in Ophthalmology (WIO)