Irving M. Raber, MD
Irving Raber, MD graduated from the University of Manitoba with a bachelor's degree and then continued to the University of Manitoba Medical School to earn his Doctor of Medicine. He did a rotating internship at Toronto General Hospital in Toronto followed by a residency in Ophthalmology at the University of Toronto. He completed his training with a Fellowship in Corneal and External Diseases at the Wills Eye Hospital. He was eventually named Chief of the Cornea Service at the Scheie Eye Institute (University of Pennsylvania Department of Ophthalmology).
Dr. Raber is currently an Attending Surgeon on the Cornea Service at Wills Eye Institute and an Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology at Thomas Jefferson University. Through Ophthalmic Partners he continues to be devoted to cornea and external eye disease, refractive surgery, and anterior segment surgery of the eye. He has been listed in the ""Best Doctors in Philadelphia"" and ""Best Doctors in the United States"" numerous times. Dr. Raber's work in multiple publications and lectures has helped him become a Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada, a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Canada), and a Diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from University of Manitoba
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from University of Manitoba Medical Schoo
- Internal Medicine Residency at Winnipeg Health Science Center
- Ophthalmology Residency at University of Toronto
- Corneal and External Diseases Fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital
Positions & Distinctions
- Staff Member at Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Lankenau Hospital, and Virtua Health System in South Jersey
- Co-Medical Director of TLC Laser Center
- Listings in “Best Doctors in Philadelphia” and the “Best Doctors in the United States”
- South Jersey Magazine, Top Physician, 2018