James G. Nachbar, MD
Dr. Nachbar completed his Ophthalmology residency training at Wills Eye Hospital in 1984 and has practiced at South Jersey Eye Physicians since then. He specializes in Cataract and LASIK Laser Vision Correction.
He performs cataract surgery and MIGS glaucoma surgery at his "in the Moorestown office" surgical center, the first dedicated eye surgical center in the area. He uses the high tech multifocal and astigmatism correcting IOL lenses when appropriate for his patients.
An experienced refractive surgeon, he has done a wide range of procedures over many years, including Epikeratophakia, Radial Keratotomy, Automated Lamellar Keratoplasty, Conductive Keratoplasty, Intacs, PRK and LASIK. Most current patients are treated with bladeless LASIK.
Dr. Nachbar is past president of the New Jersey Academy of Ophthalmology and the Burlington County Medical Society. He remains active with the Governing Board of the New Jersey Academy of Ophthalmology.
- University of Michigan - Bachelor of Science
- University of Michigan - Medical Doctor
- Internship at Henry Ford Hospital (Detroit)
- Ophthalmology Residency at Wills Eye Hospital
Positions & Distinctions
- Past President - New Jersey Academy of Ophthalmology
- Past President - Burlington County Medical Society
- Current member - American Academy of Ophthalmology, NJ
- Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons, American Medical Association, Medical Society of New Jersey