John J. DeStafeno, MD
Dr. John DeStafeno is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in the medical and surgical treatment of the anterior segment of the eye. He is a fellowship-trained corneal, cataract and LASIK surgeon performing thousands of surgeries each year. His expertise led him to be the first surgeon to perform a DSAEK corneal transplant in the Chester County region. Additionally, he shares his LASIK knowledge with his peers as an instructor at the annual American Academy of Ophthalmology conference.
Dr. DeStafeno graduated with honors from Albany Medical College, followed by a clinical/research fellowship in cornea and external disease at the Duke University Eye Center. Now as a leading ophthalmology professional, Dr. DeStafeno contributes time to teach at both Wills Eye Hospital and Thomas Jefferson University, training ophthalmology residents.
Throughout his career, Dr. DeStafeno has been the recipient of many accolades, including being named ""Top Doctor"" in both Main Line Today and Philadelphia magazines. As one of the area’s top ophthalmologists, he offers his cataract, cornea, and refractive surgery services to patients through our Chester County Eye Care locations.
- Bachelor's Degree from Siena/Albany Medical College Program in Science and Humanities
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from Albany Medical College
- Ophthalmology Residency at Long Island Jewish Hospital, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Clinical/Research Fellowship in Cornea, Refractive, and External Disease at the Duke University Eye Center, Duke College of Medicine
Positions & Distinctions
- Attending Surgeon at the Chester County Hospital
- Certified Intralase No-Blade LASIK surgeon
- Certified Wavelight LASIK surgeon
- Clinical Instructor for residents at Wills Eye Hospital/Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Founding member Vanguard Ophthalmology Society
- Instructor, LASIK Surgery Course, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award
- Top 300 Refractive Cataract Surgeons by Ocular Surgery News
- “Top Doctor” in Main Line Today magazine
- “Top Doctor” in Philadelphia magazine
- “Top 250 Premium IOL Surgeons” in Premier Surgeon magazine
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Hornaday Fellowship Award for Best Fellow in Ophthalmology at Duke University