Marlene R. Moster, MD
Marlene Moster, MD is an attending surgeon at Wills Eye Hospital and a Professor of Ophthalmology at Jefferson Medical College. She attended the Brooklyn College of SUNY, then attended medical school at SUNY Health Science Center. She completed the postgraduate ophthalmology residency at University of Pittsburgh Eye and Ear Hospital and followed this with the Glaucoma Fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital. As part of the Wills Eye Hospital Glaucoma Service, Dr. Moster has taught and trained hundreds of residents and clinical fellows.
At Ophthalmic Partners, Dr. Moster specializes in the medical management and surgical treatment of glaucoma. Her research interests include pharmacologic advancements in the treatment of glaucoma, as well as surgical interventions to minimize risk and improve outcomes of glaucoma surgery, with particular interest in newer devices. She has authored over 100 peer reviewed publications, many chapters in ophthalmology textbooks and has edited a book titled Anesthesia in Ophthalmology and has been invited to give many named lectures. Dr. Moster has served on the Glaucoma Clinical committee for ASCRS and the board of the American Glaucoma Society.
Dr. Moster has received recognition for her professional and philanthropic involvement in the field of ophthalmology, including an appreciation award from Eye Care America for her voluntary services in providing eye care to the public. She has been listed numerous times in both ""Best Doctors of America"" and ""Top Doctors"" in the Philadelphia area.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree from Brooklyn College of SUNY
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from SUNY – Health Science Center at Syracuse
- Ophthalmology Residency at University of Pittsburgh Eye and Ear Hospital
- Glaucoma Fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital
Positions & Distinctions
- Appreciation Award from Eye Care America
- Listed in “Top Doctors in the Philadelphia Area” and “Best Doctors in America”
- Coordinator for “Glaucoma 2001” for the state of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Magazine Top Doctor, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018