Melissa Sieber, MD
Dr. Melissa Sieber, MD was a physics major at Gettysburg College where she became interested in optics and lasers. Specifically, she was fascinated by how these topics related to ophthalmologic treatments and diseases. She graduated magna cum laude with membership in Phi Beta Kappa along with multiple other honor societies. Dr. Sieber obtained her MD at the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland. She spent her intern year at Medstar Harbor Hospital and was awarded Intern of the Year. Dr. Sieber completed her ophthalmology residency at Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, PA where she spent her last year elected Co-Chief Resident.
Dr. Sieber serves on faculty at Wills Eye Hospital, Abington Lansdale Hospital, and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. She is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and the American Medical Association.
Dr. Sieber is a comprehensive ophthalmologist with specialty in refractive and cataract surgery. She performs LASIK and PRK along with minimally invasive or microinvasive glaucoma surgeries (MIGS). Her specific interests are with advanced intraocular lenses such as those that correct for both near and far vision in addition to those that correct for astigmatism. She also has a passion for teaching which she continues to do both in the clinic and operating room with residents and fellows at Wills Eye Hospital.
- Bachelor’s Degree from Gettysburg College, magna cum laude
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Internship at Medstar Harbor Hospital
- Ophthalmology Residency at Wills Eye Hospital, Chief Resident
Positions & Distinctions
- Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Assistant Professor at Thomas Jefferson University
- Attending Surgeon in the Cataract and Primary Eye Care (CPEC) Department at Wills Eye Hospital