Michael Kay, MD
Dr. Michael Kay is a board-certified Ophthalmologist who grew up in Brooklyn, but moved to Philadelphia for his training. He and his wife Bonnie liked Philadelphia so much they stayed to raise their family here.
Dr. Kay attended Cornell University as an undergraduate and Medical School at the University of Pennsylvania. After two years serving in the Army, including a year in Vietnam as a battalion surgeon, he returned to Philadelphia to take his Ophthalmology Residency at The University of Pennsylvania with world famous Dr. Harold Scheie. He was chosen to be Chief Resident in his last year of training. He is presently a Senior attending surgeon at Wills Eye Hospital, where he is actively teaching residents in surgical technique.
He is a general Ophthalmologist who specializes in comprehensive care of cataracts, glaucoma and retina. He is the founding partner of Kay, Tabas, Niknam & DiDomenico Ophthalmology Associates. He has been named several times in Philadelphia Magazine’s Best Doc Survey and has been awarded the people’s choice “Best Ophthalmologist on the Main Line” by the Main Line Times.
- Bachelor’s Degree from Cornell University
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from University of Pennsylvania
- Ophthalmology Residency at University of Pennsylvania, Chief Resident
Positions & Distinctions
- Senior attending surgeon at Wills Eye Hospital
- Philadelphia Magazine - Best Doctor Survey
- Main Line Times - Best Ophthalmologist on the Main Line