Rachel Niknam, MD
Dr. Niknam is a clinical instructor and a member of the Glaucoma Service at Wills Eye Hospital and an Associate Professor at Jefferson Medical College. She is board certified in Ophthalmology and a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Her area of special interest is medical and surgical management of glaucoma and cataract. Dr. Niknam performs glaucoma surgery as well as state-of-the-art laser assisted cataract surgery. She has published in peer-reviewed journals and medical books, and lectures nationally on current medical and surgical management of glaucoma.
Dr. Niknam attended Yeshiva University and received her medical degree from Jefferson Medical College. Following her internship at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, she completed her ophthalmology residency at Drexel University – Hahnemann University Hospital. Dr. Niknam then went on to do a Glaucoma Fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania – Scheie Eye Institute.
Dr. Niknam is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Glaucoma Society, and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons. As a member of Kay, Tabas, Niknam, and DiDomenico Ophthalmology Associates, she proudly services patients from the tri-state region at her offices in Philadelphia and Bala Cynwyd, PA.
- Bachelor’s Degree from Yeshiva University
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from Jefferson Medical College
- Internship at Albert Einstein Medical Center
- Ophthalmology Residency at Hahnemann University Hospital
- Glaucoma Fellowship at Scheie Eye Institute at University of Pennsylvania
Positions & Distinctions
- Member of the Glaucoma Service at Wills Eye Hospital
- Associate Professor at Jefferson Medical College
- Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology