Richard B. Prince, MD
After graduating summa cum laude from Washington University in St. Louis, Dr. Richard Prince obtained his Doctor of Medicine degree from the Perelman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania. He then completed a three-year residency in ophthalmology at University of Pennsylvania's Scheie Eye Institute and went on to join Tri-County Eye Physicians & Surgeons in 1987. Dr. Prince specializes in comprehensive ophthalmology and is an accomplished refractive cataract surgeon employing advanced lens implantation technologies as well as general ophthalmology.
Throughout his career, Dr. Prince has held many distinguished positions, including President of the Ophthalmic Club of Philadelphia, and Chairman of the Board of Governors and Treasurer of the Medical Staff at the former Warminster Hospital. Dr. Prince has also served as the Medical Director of the Tri-County Surgery Center. In 1996 and 2002, Dr. Prince was recognized as a "Top Doc" in Philadelphia Magazine.
In addition to patient care, Dr. Prince is passionate about international medical charity work. He has completed two humanitarian surgical missions to Ghana with Unite for Sight, a non-profit organization aiming to improve eye health worldwide.
Presently, Dr. Prince is the founder and President of Vantage EyeCare, the largest ophthalmology practice in the Delaware Valley, and is a member of the Board of Managers.
- Bachelor's Degree from Washington University
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Internship in Internal Medicine at the Graduate Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Ophthalmology Residency at the Scheie Eye Institute of the University of Pennsylvania
Positions & Distinctions
- Founder and President, Vantage EyeCare, LLC
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, Perelman School of Medicine, at the University of Pennsylvania