Robert D. Behar, MD
Dr. Robert Behar holds memberships with the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology, Pennsylvania Medical Society, and the Greater Philadelphia Ophthalmic Society. He has also held distinguished leadership positions in various physician associations and educational organizations. These include: President of the Greater Philadelphia Eye Care Centers of Excellence, Chairman of the Board of Eye Physicians Management Corporation, President of the Ophthalmic Club, and President/Chairman of the Board of the Wills Eye Alumni Society.
Dr. Behar is heavily involved in ophthalmic education, having been on the Resident Selection Committee at Wills Eye Hospital as well as on the teaching staff. Dr. Behar is also a Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Thomas Jefferson University School of Medicine. In 2016, he was the recipient of the prestigious Silver Tray Award given by the Wills Eye Alumni Society in recognition of leadership and service in support of Wills Eye Hospital and the Residency. On the clinical research side, he has been a Sub-Investigator in multiple studies in areas such as glaucoma, allergies, dry eye, and anti-infectives. For nearly twenty years, Dr. Behar has also been a panel member of the Cataract/Retina Section in the ""Complicated Cataract Cases: A Multi-Disciplinary Approach Symposium,"" which is held on an annual basis at Wills Eye Hospital.
Following undergrad and medical education at the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Behar completed his ophthalmology residency at Wills Eye. Since then, he has been seeing patients at multiple Philadelphia Eye Associates locations in the Philly area. Dr. Behar is fluent in Spanish.
- Bachelor's Degree from University of Pennsylvania
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Internship at Crozer-Chester Medical Center
- Ophthalmology Residency at Wills Eye Hospital
Positions & Distinctions
- Member of American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology, Pennsylvania Medical Society, Philadelphia County Medical Society, and Greater Philadelphia Ophthalmic Society
- Recipient of Silver Tray Award, 2016