Stacey L. Ackerman, MD
Dr. Ackerman is no longer with Vantage EyeCare. Please contact Philadelphia Eye Associates to schedule your appointment.
Dr. Stacey Ackerman was born and raised in the New York City metropolitan area, obtaining her bachelor's degree in Biochemistry at Cornell University, followed by her medical degree at the State University of New York at Buffalo. After completing her internship in Internal Medicine and beginning her residency at the SUNY at Buffalo program, she went on to The University of Pennsylvania's Scheie Eye Institute to complete her ophthalmology training. Dr. Ackerman then joined a private practice affiliated with Wills Eye Hospital and received her board certification from the American Board of Ophthalmology. Later, in 1997, she merged her practice with Philadelphia Eye Associates, practicing in South Jersey and at Wills Eye Hospital. She has been listed as a Top Doc in the SJ Magazine. Currently, Dr. Ackerman only sees patients on a part-time basis at the Wills Eye Hospital location.
Since 2001 and through 2017, Dr. Ackerman had been very active in clinical research and had served as the Principal Investigator for many research trials leading to the FDA approvals of currently used medications for glaucoma, ocular allergy and infections. She was an active member of The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology during that time.
Dr. Ackerman speaks French and has an interest in global travel.
- Bachelor's Degree from Cornell University
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine
- Internship in Internal Medicine at Millard Fillmore Hospital in Buffalo
- Ophthalmology Residency at State University of New York at Buffalo and The University of Pennsylvania, Scheie Eye Institute
Positions & Distinctions
- Fellow of American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), 2001-2017