Stephen B. Lichtenstein, MD
Stephen Lichtenstein, MD, attended Albright College before earning his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia. He attended the residency program in ophthalmology at Wills Eye Hospital where he was selected as Chief Resident in his final year. He then completed a Fellowship in Cornea, Anterior Segment Surgery, and Complications of Cataract Surgery through Ohio State University. With the conclusion of his fellowship, Dr. Lichtenstein became certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and joined the staff of Wills Eye Hospital as the Director of the Emergency Department and the Coordinator of the Cataract and Primary Care Service teaching program.
Dr. Lichtenstein is currently an Attending Surgeon on the Cataract and Primary Eyecare Service of Wills Eye Hospital. He is also on the staff of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and was recognized with the Honor Award for Teaching by the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr. Lichtenstein has been a regular scientific reviewer for the journal Ophthalmology and was the ""Cataract Surgery"" section editor for Duane's Textbook on Clinical Ophthalmology. He has been frequently featured as one of the Top Doctors for cataract surgery in the region in Philadelphia Magazine and Main line Today Magazine as recently as 2017.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from Albright College
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from Jefferson Medical College
- Internship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Ophthalmology Residency at Wills Eye Hospital
- External Disease and Surgery of the Anterior Segment Fellowship at Ohio State University
Positions & Distinctions
- Member of Scientific Advisory Board for the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Scientific Reviewer for the journal Ophthalmology
- “Cataract Surgery” Section Editor for Duane’s Textbook on Clinical Ophthalmology
- Honor Award for Teaching by the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Top Doctor in Ophthalmology in Philadelphia Magazine and Main Line Today
- Ocular Surgery News’ Premier Surgeon TOP 300, 2016