Stephen Y. Lee, MD
Stephen Lee, MD graduated as the Valedictorian from Rice University with degrees in Biochemistry and Biology. He then attended the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, where he earned his Doctor of Medicine degree and achieved the highest ranking in clinical medicine. He completed his internship at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School then completed the Ophthalmology Residency program at Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary, also at Harvard Medical School. His training concluded with the Cornea and External Disease Fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital.
Dr. Lee joined Ophthalmic Partners in 1996 and specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of anterior segment disorders. This includes cataract surgeries with correction of astigmatism and presbyopia that reduces or eliminates the need for glasses after cataract surgery. Having performed over 10,000 cataract surgeries in his career, Dr. Lee offers top care in the field. He has offices in Philadelphia and New Jersey and maintains teaching positions at Wills Eye Hospital and Jefferson Medical College. He is also fluent in Korean.
- Bachelor's Degree from Rice University
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Cente
- Internship at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Ophthalmology Residency at Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School
- Cornea and External Disease Fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson Medical College
Positions & Distinctions
- Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholar
- “Top Doctor” in Cataract Surgery in Pennsylvania, 2016
- Member of Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical Society
- Member of Texas Student Medical Association
- Member of American Medical Association