Thomas J. O’Connor, MD
Dr.Thomas O’Connor, MD is a graduate of Boston College. He graduated magna cum laude with membership in Phi Beta Kappa honor society. He completed his medical training at Tufts University School of Medicine, and his ophthalmology residency at Eye and Ear Hospital at the University of Pittsburgh He is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is on the medical staff of Montgomery Surgery Center, Abingdon Lansdale Hospital and Wills Eye Hospital, where he is an associate surgeon.
His special interests include cataract and intraocular lens surgery, including advanced intraocular lenses that correct for astigmatism and for near and far vision. He performs medical and surgical care of glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, and eyelid disease.
- Bachelor’s Degree from Boston College
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from Tufts University School of Medicine
- Ophthalmology Residency at Eye and Ear Hospital at the University of Pittsburg
Positions & Distinctions
- Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Attending Surgeon at Wills Eye Hospital